You can further our shared mission to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease by powering research and supporting education and advocacy efforts.
Some Ways How You Can Make a Real Difference Right Now
Recommend a Grant Now from Your Donor-Advised Fund
IRA Charitable Rollover
This is an effective way to have an immediate impact in the fight against lung disease. You may use this gift to satisfy the required minimum distribution from your IRA while reducing your taxable income, even if you don’t itemize. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70½ years old or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the American Lung Association.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the American Lung Association, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the American Lung Association, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
Gifts of Real Estate
Gifts of Securities
Gifts of Cash
55 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601