You can further our shared mission to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease by powering research and supporting education and advocacy efforts.
Some Ways How You Can Make a Real Difference Right Now
Recommend a Grant Now from Your Donor-Advised Fund
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Qualified Charitable Distributions from Your IRA
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to the American Lung Association. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact in the prevention of lung disease.
- You must be 70½ years old or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the American Lung Association.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the American Lung Association, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the American Lung Association, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
Gifts of Real Estate
Gifts of Securities
You can use stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to prevent lung disease with the American Lung Association. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30 percent of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock. Learn more about making a gift of securities.
Gifts of Cash
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support the American Lung Association. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while you push for healthy air and healthy lungs. You can be recognized as a sustaining donor by setting up a recurring gift.
You can make your gift online with our secure online donation form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
55 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
The Impact of Your Giving
could sustain our work in lung disease and lung cancer medical research, new treatments, CT screenings, lung health education and more.
could fund new research initiatives, expand current programs, or help to support the work of current researchers.